DealStreetAsia’s Greater China team publishes news, analysis and data-led stories. The team also tracks all funding rounds and related developments from local media and other sources, and communicates insightful story angles through these data points.
We are looking for a new team member in Greater China.
The role will involve data mining, curating content on the daily basis from the world of private equity, venture capital, startups, M&As and tech as well as content-visualisation tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- Good news judgement and multi-tasking. Should be able to write with clarity and accuracy under deadlines across content formats
- Ability to monitor all regional and local sources for deals/funding developments and cross-check these developments.
- Find data-based news angles in developing stories,
- Comfortable in using spreadsheets to organise, analyze and visualize data
- At least 2+ years experience in a newsroom/research firm;
- Ability to build sources, analyse the potential of a story in a source-tip and produce exclusive stories
- Ability and confidence to act rightly on breaking news
Interested candidates may send their CV, links to relevant works and a cover letter explaining why they want to join DealStreetAsia’s Greater China team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to take a writing/analysis test before or after they are interviewed.